Photo by Nancy - www.swankphotography.tumblr.com

Friday, March 25, 2011

Act of Kindness 3.25.11

Again this week I am joing Kate and writing about a random act of kindness.

Mine may seem very little to you, but to me it was huge. It was huge because it came from Ryan. Ryan is my oldest. Ryan is 14. 14 is a teenager. I know you remember what it was like to be a teenager. Teenagers aren't always nice.

Ryan is a great kid. He isn't perfect by any means, but in the grand scheme of things, he is a great kid. He's been on spring break this week and so I took a few days off to spend time with him and the littles.

It was like pulling teeth, but I was able to get him out of the house with me and his siblings for an afternoon at the largest mall in America. I was so happy that I 'forced' him to come as we really had a good time and he was a huge help. He always made sure that Joe was holding his hand, or holding Teaghan so I could go to the salad bar, or the biggest - holding the door for us and strangers. And he just does it so naturally. Such a big heart.

Ryan and his Papa



What about you? Have you seen any random acts of kindness this week? Want to join in?

2 comments:

  1. XOXO I have to FORCE mine to do anything anymore. Dang teens. : ) LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND...he cooks! You're doing a GREAT job Mama! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete